Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Adam Bachek -A direct link to Berjaya and Vincent Tan

As reported in THE STAR, 13 February 2008:
Datuk V.K. Lingam was dictating from some handwritten notes as one of his two secretaries, Sumanti Jaaman, typed out the draft judgment which awarded business tycoon Tan Sri Vincent Tan RM10mil in his libel suit against several journalists, including the late M.G.G. Pillai....His brother Datuk V. Sivaparanjothi, Adam Bachek and W. Satchithanandhan were also helping Lingam, who was dictating handwritten notes to Sumanti....Making this startling revelation yesterday, the lawyer's former secretary G. Jayanti told the Royal Commission of Inquiry that the judgment was typed out throughout the night some time between November and early December 1994.

(http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/2/13/courts/20313248&sec=courts)

Adam was appointed director Berjaya Group Bhd on 2 February 1994.

He was described in the Berjaya announcement concerning his appointment as a 44 years old, who was a lawyer and senior partner of the legal firm, Messrs Adam Bachek and Associates. He was then also a director of Bridgecon Engineering Sdn Bhd, an associate company of Berjaya Group.

1 comment:

CashMiller said...

Who is this ADAM BACHEK guy. What is he up to. Is he a swindler, con or some sort of corporate thief? Or is he for real?

I mean I got an email from him this morning saying:

ADAM BACHEK & ASSOC.
B-3-1, BLOCK B, 3RD FLOOR
MEGAN AVENUE 1 JALAN TUN RAZAK
50400 KUALA LUMPUR .
PHONE: +60173568592
Attention: Sir/Madam.

Your e-mail address came up in a random draw conducted by my law firm. My name is Adam bin Bachek, a personal attorney to late Mr.Abdul Saaz who worked with a rubber plantation company in Malaysia . The deceased was a well known Philanthropist before he died; he made a Will stating that (Two Million United States Dollars) should be donated to any Philanthropist chosen from a random draw. My law firm conducted a random draw which was supervised by the ministry of justice and Alanz Bank Malaysia , (issuing bank). Fortunately, your name and e-mail address was picked from the raffle draw. I am interested in securing this money from the Bank, because they have issued me a notice to present the beneficiary of this Will within two weeks or the money will be diverted to the bank treasury.

It is my utmost desire to execute the Will of my late client. You are required to contact me immediately to start the process of transferring this money to any of your designated official account. I urge you to contact me immediately for further details bearing in mind that the Bank has given us a date limit.Please contact me on this via mail. (his email)

Regards
BARRISTER ADAM BIN BACHEK